Friday, April 8, 2011

Dream on Repeat



Dress: F21
Belt: Target
Shoes: Poetic License

Sooo....this last week has been pretty strange. I've been hit up with just about every kind of flu and cold symptom (included the dreaded sore throat) and have spent most of my "spare time" (I did have to miss a class or two) laying around watching Twilight Zone. It felt like I was in some sort of time bubble, and now it doesn't feel like Friday at all. o.o
In any case, I'm doing a lot better. I have lingering traces of a sore throat, but I'm hoping to have that knocked out with lemon tea and cough drops.
(Anyone have any at-home remedies...? I read somewhere that a dill pickle worked?)

Completely off-topic: I love these shoes! I never really considered myself a "shoe" person until I saw some Poetic License pairs. They're so OTT and lovely that they just called to me...this pair is more tame, definitely, but I can't wait to wear them out more when I have my sea-legs back.

Ohhh, this project was due way-back, but I'm pretty happy with it and thought I should post some more recent art:
It's the mock-concert poster for my Graphic Design class (I picked Rasputina). No grades back yet, but I have my fingers crossed!

17 comments:

  1. Ooh love those shoes!!! :D
    And that illustration is amazing as always :D
    http://www.closet-fashionista.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Swoon, those shoes are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You look pretty cute for a sick lady...feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shoes are so cute! Also the dress is very pretty!.
    You are such a good artist! We love what you are doing :)

    xxx London & Paris

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is sad that you are sick, but at least you don't look it. I'm looking for a lovely white dress to go sunning in. I'm jealous of yours. The lace texture makes it a little more dressy, which I like :) Get well soon!

    <3 Lea

    ReplyDelete
  6. so lady-like dress!and cute shoes!perfect match!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear you have been under the weather! Feel better real quick :) (those shoes are super duper cute :))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your poster for Rasputina is spot on. It is beautiful (I especially like her hair). Love the shoes too :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, I LOVE your shoes!

    And I just know that you will get an amazing grade on that illustration - it is incredible!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That dress is exactly the kind of dress I've been looking for! I still haven't found one that is well made and not a fortune. Apparently I need to drag my sorry little self over to XXI.

    Those shoes are definitely worth becoming a shoe person over. They're great! Finally, I hope your last little bits of sickness leave you very quickly!

    Find me at Just Take a Bow.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh no! I'm sorry you were feeling so sick, but I'm glad to hear you're doing better!
    That dress looks lovely on you, and don't even get me started with those shoes. I think they're probably perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. what an adorable dress!
    great blog!
    loving the posts
    stop by some time xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I hate it when you get sick in the spring... you think just because you've made it through the winter that you are safe, but then bam - illness!
    My remedy is wonton soup. Unproven, but i've always found it effective.

    Love your cute dress and shoes! poetic license has some really cute shoes, but they never seem to work out well for me :(

    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  14. pretty dress and really cute shoes hun

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the Art Nouveau influence in your Rasputina poster! Perfect.

    And I'm glad to hear you're feeling better. I teach dance and gymnastics, so I'm constantly coming down with whatever the kids have. Ew. I wish I had some insightful home remedies. I just crank up my humidifier and sip lemon tea like it's going out of style. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love Rasputina! Poster looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Loving that sweet LWD and that awesome poster!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you! I'll definitely try and respond to you as soon as possible! <3

...unless you're spamming or cut/pasting. In that case, I'm not commenting back.